On May 5-6 LASC hosted its Annual Student Conference with the theme "Hybridity: Examinig Processes of Circulation, Collaboration, and Conflict." See the pictures here.
Check out more of our spring 2016 events.
Undergraduate Certificate Program
LASC offers a 21-credit Certificate in Latin American Studies which is open to all undergraduate students. It provides interdisciplinary coursework designed to explore Latin American and Caribbean cultures, democracy, governance, civil society, labor, gender, art, literature, ethnicity, and migration.
Why a Certificate in Latin American Studies?
LASC alumni have gone on to:
- Pursue advanced degrees - MA, PhD, MBA, JD
- Work in international law, international business, global health
- Work as teachers and professors in the U.S. and abroad
- Become Foreign Service Officers with the State Department
- Work in Latin American embassies
- Work at various governmental and non-governmental organizations such as: IBD, IMF, the World Bank, OAS, CASA de Maryland, Center for International Policy, UNESCO, among others
See the Center's most recent annual newsletter. We're looking for a new name for this publication. Have a suggestion? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you miss our Latin American Music Fest last fall? See the video on LASC's YouTube channel.
Keep up with LASC! Get the most recent details on events being planned throughout the semester here.
We hope everyone has a safe and relaxing summer! See you next fall.
Friend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @UMD_LASC