Spring 2017 registration begins soon. Looking for an elective? LASC is offering a NEW course, “Social Justice and Public Art: Policing Gender, Race, and Citizenship.” Find out more here. Register via Testudo.
Check our coming events here.
Undergraduate Certificate Program
The LASC certificate provides interdisciplinary coursework designed to explore Latin American and Caribbean cultures, democracy, governance, civil society, labor, gender, art, literature, ethnicity, and migration.
The LASC certificate is noted on your transcript, and shows an additional specialization beyond your major that is attractive to potential employers.
Why a Certificate in Latin American Studies?
LASC alumni have gone on to:
- Pursue advanced degrees - MA, PhD, MBA, JD
- Work in international law, international business, global health
- Work as teachers and professors in the U.S. and abroad
- Become Foreign Service Officers with the State Department
- Work in Latin American embassies
- Work at various governmental and non-governmental organizations such as: IBD, IMF, the World Bank, OAS, CASA de Maryland, Center for International Policy, UNESCO, among others
See the call for papers here.
We're looking for a theme for the next newsletter publication. Have a suggestion? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Did you miss an event? Check out the video recordings on LASC's YouTube channel.
Keep up with LASC! Get the most recent details on events being planned throughout the semester here.
Friend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @UMD_LASC